First Experince with a not hot pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
I bought two bags of H.E.A.T LLC pellets , and was given a third becuase it was torn open. They are not very hot. I have been burning the Fuel King pellets I got with the stove and when it was -18 i had to crack the window a little with the settings of 1-1 and the bottom settings of 3-4-1. It is in the 40 s now and having to burn the HEAT on 3-4 to keep it in the low 70's. I guess all in all its good for this type of weather. I bought 3 bags of Somersets today and am currently letting the hopper empty out and will load up a hopper full of Somersets.

This should be good. Let us know how the Somersets compare to the Fuel King's. Be sure you can get a window or two open or buy a few squirt bottles and have a DIY sauna.

Status
Not open for further replies.