First fire of the year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover 1

Sep 15, 2006
Eastern, MA
Jotul F600 Firelight.... Saturday Sept 16,2006
15' Dbl wall Dura vent chimny pipe.
Selkirk metalbestos chimney.
Sunset gold cultured stone wall capped with granite ledge 3" thick.
Hearth is 2 pieces of granite 3" thick sunk into reinforced floor to be level with wide pine flooring. Centrally located between kitchen and living room.
Snow on pictures is actually dust on lens!

Attachments

• Jotul working 3 closeup 72dpi.jpg
    Jotul working 3 closeup 72dpi.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 825
  • 72 dpi Jotul working.jpg
    72 dpi Jotul working.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 810
  • Metalbestos 72dpi.jpg
    Metalbestos 72dpi.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 760
Very nice install. That looks like serious heat. In what neck of the woods is this installed Rover?

BeGreen said:
Very nice install. That looks like serious heat. In what neck of the woods is this installed Rover?

Good eye Robbie, yes the outside pic is from March of this year. The others are from this past weekend.

Location is White Mountains New Hampshire. Near Tenny Mountain Ski area (15min)

If you look close you will see the side door cracked open for a bit to get the fire going.

The ceiling fan keeps all that heat moving nicely!

Attachments

• Ceiling fan.jpg
    Ceiling fan.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 697
  • Close up ceiling fan 1.jpg
    Close up ceiling fan 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 693
Man that is nice ! Love the metal roof, we started to do that but have to take too many boards loose on dormers upstairs to reflash under the metal for some reason "the roofer said", so we are going with 50 year shingles.

Lets see, I'm 51............I won't have to reshingle until I'm 101. :)

Robbie

brian_in_idaho said:
Man, I love your place Rover, very nicely done. Really nice integration of the stove into the place, I see the stairwell, looks like you should get a good bit of heat up to the second floor as well.

Second floor is actually a loft overlooking the kitchen (all open) so with natural convection and the help of the ceiling fan the heat will be distributed nicely in all of the living areas (a fan down the hallway may help with bedrooms), the loft when finished will have the same log railings as the outside of the house, all logs are from the property. For privacy I will get a nice rug to hang over the railing so that one cannot see to the back of the loft.

First photo is the stairway looking down, the granite cap on the right is the top of the wall behind the stove.

Second photo is the view into the loft from the edge.

Attachments

• Stairs 2.jpg
    Stairs 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 631
  • Loft floor 1.jpg
    Loft floor 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 625
Can I come over and drool. Very,very nice!

Sweet Deal..

Is that a f600 the biggest Jotul? 24" log side to side?

How many square ft is the place?

Curious as to how it does because it was either that or the Mansfield for us..

Vintage 181 said:
Sweet Deal..

Is that a f600 the biggest Jotul? 24" log side to side?

How many square ft is the place?

Curious as to how it does because it was either that or the Mansfield for us..

Yes that is the Jotul F600 Firelight , we are very happy with the Jotul line . In addition to the Firelight we also have an Allagash GF3 that we use when we are at our main residence in Mass.

Sq ft is ~1850 2+years of work invested so far.

The F600 eats up 24" wood no problem.

Last weekends project is complete, R30 insulation on the underfloor. Worst job there is!
It's also where I picked up all the contamination on the lens.

Ed

Attachments

• Basement insulation 5 72dpi.jpg
    Basement insulation 5 72dpi.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 592
Rover 1 said:
Yes that is the Jotul F600 Firelight , we are very happy with the Jotul line . In addition to the Firelight we also have an Allagash GF3 that we use when we are at our main residence in Mass.

Last weekends project is complete, R30 insulation on the underfloor. Worst job there is!
It's also where I picked up all the contamination on the lens.

Wild, the insulation looks like clouds up above. Very nice, neat plumbing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.