First fire this season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ablejoy

Feeling the Heat
Fired the stove today lots of rain took off the dampness feels great. Only in low 50's this morning was not on more than hour or so.

We had a dry cold front move in a couple of weeks ago and I was burning mine in the morning for a few days. Frost on the lawn this morning and 63 degrees in the house. I fired her up and ran it until kitchen thermometer read 74.

Here is a picture of my first fire today, rainy and damp it felt awesome!

Attachments

• IMG00194-2.jpg
    IMG00194-2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 337
Well I broke down tonight and lit mine as well. Wife was chilly and didn't think the heat pump was doing it for her so she broke down and left me light it. It does feel nice. :)

Been using my stove for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes just for fun but I really need it tonight. Anyway I hate winter but love my stove.

stoaf88 said:
Been using my stove for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes just for fun but I really need it tonight. Anyway I hate winter but love my stove.

I have to agree, I love my stove. It really changed my perception of winter.

Finally fired up the stove tonight - it's cool, raining, chilly, damp, .... you get the idea.

Last year we had to get the stove going before Sept was over, so I can't complain about the start of this season.

Cheers

Kenny

Attachments

• IMG_0014 small.jpg
    IMG_0014 small.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 168
Oh it sure feels great on these damp days !
Fired her up weeks ago.
With all the rain and cool temp lately
it makes a huge differerence in comfort.
Hate to see summer go but with the stove on
it adds some comfort.

Happy burning !

Status
Not open for further replies.