FIRST FIRE !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodywilson

Dec 10, 2010
SE MICH
OK so far-- started burning about 1:30 this afternoon took the stove top (PE Alderlea T5) to 480/ closed air off/ secondaries burning- or at least looks that way
although that did not last to long -- burning crabapple about 15% mc. Any T5 users that can share their routines with me? If your online now Backwoods --
I sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness, I feel like I have many new friends.

no pictures

Enjoy and stay warm!

woodywilson said:
I feel like I have many new friends.

You do!

And we'll be even happier if you post some photos! :)

Pic of hot stove. Live! And couldn't have a better night, it's snowing and cold! Perfect.

Attachments

• DSCF2132.jpg
    DSCF2132.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 323
woodywilson said:
OK so far-- started burning about 1:30 this afternoon took the stove top (PE Alderlea T5) to 480/ closed air off/ secondaries burning- or at least looks that way
although that did not last to long -- burning crabapple about 15% mc. Any T5 users that can share their routines with me? If your online now Backwoods --
I sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness, I feel like I have many new friends.

WTG Woody and welcome to the forum.. You're gonna like it here..

Ray

That's sweet :)

And yes, you have secondaries burning.

woodywilson said:
Pic of hot stove. Live! And couldn't have a better night, it's snowing and cold! Perfect.

Looks awesome, Congrats!

Ray

woodywilson said:

Sweet! Thanks for being a pal! :)

Lovely stove. I'm always surprised how much difference the color/finish makes stoves look to me. That black enamel is sharp.

woodywilson said:

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout. Enjoy man. Life is good!!!!!!!!

burn it brother burn it

Awesome. :coolsmile:

I think you'll like it here.....

There ya go. That puppy is waking up and eager to please. You can take the wood load up about 2-3" higher. Try a totally N/S, tightly packed load, and turn down the air in stages.

Thanks everyone!!1 st day has worked out beautiful cold snowy perfect setting -- also had many of my brothers and sisters stop by. I believe I have one brother going to stove shop to look tomorrow.They all love the forum, hey warm in RI, my sister loves your pics ,she thought we are all old graggy grizzly adam types The stove seems pretty predictable so far fumes were a little bothersome, maybe another day or two with that? Going to throw a couple more splits in the stove then dial it and myself down
Wood--E--

yep, the smell will dissipate. Your virginity won't last for long. Enjoy the first weekend and keep planning ahead as your relationship with wood heat grows.

Congrats and well done.

pen

awesome picture i really f-ed up on my 1st day of burning lol took me a while to get the damn fire started and had the air dam wide open did not know how to run the blower i had it on high and it was smoking and all lol and now i am a pro at this 31 yr old wood stove and this thing is a 1/2 a yr older then me!!and glad the previous owner told me how to run the thing right...

Status
Not open for further replies.