First major storm is here... Life is good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
Our first major storm of the season is upon us, they are forcasting 12"-22" and high winds. Blizzard conditions they say. The Tarm is firing, the house is at 68 (my prefered temp), tank temp is at 165 and rising, and I've got 1/2 a cord of wood brought in. The generator is gased up just in case. I'm sitting by the living room fireplace (purely for aesthicitics) drinking one of my Christmass gifts, a Victory Storm King stout. The snowblower is all gased up ready to roll tomorrow. I had to remove 15 acrons from the carburator then it ran fine.

We had the usual mad rush to the gas station, grocery store and Red Box. I'm just hunkering down and enjoying it.

Life is good.

Ditto on prep. We're up to almost 4". No contract plowing this year... Life IS good....

Hope you enjoy your snow. Personally we have had enough we are pushing 4 feet for the month. Not much fun cutting wood thes days. It's a real struggle. I hope we don't get much more for a week or so when my new 102" snow bucket arrives , then let it snow. Have a Happy New Year. Jim

We got "lucky" and the storm basically missed us...just a dusting. But, it's cold and the wind is sucking the heat out of the house so I'm glad I brought in some extra firewood this weekend. Now I see we may hit the high 40's by week's end!

Status
Not open for further replies.