First step done! Lopi Republic 1750 home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clutch25

Feb 3, 2009
ND
FINALLY, after almost 6 weeks of waiting, got the Lopi Republic 1750 home last night! Bought it used on CL with pipe (may be getting new pipe). Drove 3 hours one way to pick up and 4 hours on the way back in the WORST driving conditions I have seen in a bit. 4 inches of snow and slush/freezing rain.

Actually installing it at my mom's place (after 3 years of working on her to get wood heat) this summer. Wish it was in today cause it's a bit chilly here.

That thing is HEAVY!!!! Probably even heavier than my Clayton that heats my garage....

Sorry...no pics. Can't believe I forgot my camera at home, central MN is packed with piles of timber right now. Seems like everyone had a pile in the yard and seen several logging staging areas that were packed.

That's a good stove - maybe you'll get a few break-in burns before the weather really turns.

Nice, your mom should appreciate the heat. That's a good stove. Be sure that she has dry wood. It should already be stacked and drying now for burning in the fall/winter.

Glad to have approval!
Sadly it won't get installed until this summer. Could have really used it this weekend!

I have around 5-7 cords of oak/ash mix in the back field that has been waiting for 2-3 years for a stove to be put in. Some of that will have to go home with me due to size and cut lenth but I hope I have next winter covered and by end of june, next year taken care of.

If the wood is all split and stacked, that's great. It doesn't really start to dry until split, especially oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.