First Winter 2010-2011 forecast I've seen.....watchout NW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good ole aol news for ya!

I read Joe B. daily, and private side gets info a few days early, anf then it goes on the free site. They have been pushing more of his product on the free side last year or so. Opinions vary, but if you print out his stuff and check back, he has a good track record. As A subscriber, Ithere is also a archive to check on. If he didnt have a decent record, he wouldn't be keeping a large paying client base.

It really doesn't up matter where I live. We usually get 10-15 feet from nov-april.

Im in the red Zone......Bring it on! I have F350 with a 460 and a plow ready and 4 tons of pellets and back up power supply

The farmers almanac says higher then average temps this winter just like last winter.It mentions rain in every month.We only got 15 inches of snow all year last year.I think it's going to be very mild.Just my point of view.I guess in May we can look back and see.lol It's going to be nice weather here for the next few days.Enjoy it while you can.

j-takeman said:
I am not liking that wintery battle zone in red! :ahhh:

X2....when that happens I generally am in the freaking "ice" belt between south rain and north snow lines. Creates a thick layer of frozen crap on the driveway, which of course is a hill, and does not go away. Happend a few winters in a row a while back. Time to stock up on sand in the garage.

It is from the 2011 Old Farmers Almanac.Looks like I'm safe.lol

I hope to run texas and Florida all winter... we'll see if that pans out.

BTW...Accuweather is always pretty accurate...

In Mid July this year, they also predicted that the unusual hot weather pattern would continue for about another 4 months, and that did not happen. I dont put much stock in those predictions, however I do believe that our weather patterns are affected by the El Nino' effect. I dont know how severe our winter will be, I hope its a mild one, which would save everyone a lot of fuel, but I dont think that anyone can forecast weather 6 months in advance. Its more or less just a crap shoot, even with the best of computer models and modern technology.

One thing is for sure, and that is Winter will come , and we will all be enjoying the ambiance of our stoves and if we're lucky this year Winter wont be too bad.

It was 90 here 3 days ago. today its in the 50s/60s. So, who knows.

Either way, snow doesn't necessarily dictate temperatures that requier more heat. Frankly, it snows more where its near 30* than anywhere else it seems. "Too cold to snow" is a reality.

imacman said:
First national winter forecast I've seen.....if it's correct, the NorthWest will get slammed, along with the northern plains.

www.aolnews.com/nation/article/earl...sees-heavy-snow-in-pacific-northwest/19579724
Here's Pete's new plow for his Lionel train set... he's ready!
plowonlocomotive.jpg

I'm ready for winter... just bought a new snowmobile...
snowmonster.jpg

That Old Farmer's Almanac is published just a few miles from here. Always has been hard for me to put much stock in it though. It says that today and the next few days are crips and sunny. But it pouring rain and warmer than usual. There is, however, a lot of other good reading in their publication. http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange take a look and come to your own conclusions. What I have learned is it wise to be prepared for about as bad as it can get. Resources get scarce when needs peak. I plan to get my snow blower turned up this week. Also will start stocking water, batteries, and dry goods that keep well. One of my future goals is to get a generator and have someone hook up a safe access to the fuse box. A few years back, we had an ice event that left us without power for over a week. Didn't see that one coming!

If the temps now are any indication it's going to be a cold one. I need to get my snowblower on the tractor pretty soon. Cut the grass for the last time 2 weeks ago. Been down in the 20s the last couple nights.

imacman that was a great video. Wow can that think move a lot of snow.

its impossible to say how the winter in going to be......people are nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.