Fisher Papa Bear Price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Bug

Nov 23, 2005
Clarks Summit,Pa.
Hi,
I got a guy that wants to purchase my Fisher Papa Bear Stove for $850.00. Do you think this is a good offer on this stove? It is in excellent condition.
Thanks,
John

Sell it. You can buy a new Englander 30 for cheaper than that!

My parents used to sell Fishers - I think they only sold for 750 in the late 70's, early 80's - good investment!
Buy low, sell NOW!!!

I bought a Mama Bear 2 years ago for an occasional heater in my shop, paid 150$. If he buys it he will spend that much in the 1st winter for wood, they make good heat but eat wood like a chipper. Id say grab it!

Take the money and run before the buyer discovers it`s a "wood hog"..

My_3_Girls said:
My parents used to sell Fishers - I think they only sold for 750 in the late 70's, early 80's - good investment!
Buy low, sell NOW!!!

I don't know of too many items or products that have gone down in price from the 70's,80's,90's,etc.. How about it, right or wrong?
A barrel of crude oil,(Texas Tea or Mid East Gold), hit an all time high yesterday of over $102 per barrel. Analysts are predicting gasoline prices of over $4.00 per gallon by summer. What do you think this is going to do to heating oil, natural gas, propane, coal etc.?
You won't be able to buy any type of wood stove used or new. The used ones are already getting pretty scarce in my area.
Oh Yeah, I forgot, we are each going to get a whopping $600 each from our Texas Tea Man President, George W. Bush, now that is going to really perk the economy up!!!
Next time everyone goes to put gas into your automobile, don't forget to say,"Thank You Mr. Bush, May I Have Another?
Just got another call on my "Wood Hog". Gotta Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.