Fisher stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woody123

Dec 27, 2021
P.a
I had a fisher mama bear 20 years ago I just got another one and burning wood again.Installed baffle plate what a difference. Should I run stove pipe temp at 400- 500 degrees.Does any one know what year this stove is ,Hope pic works. Not good at this web stuff

34BF3651-3BEF-4169-8B44-F4C16B1DEA4E.jpeg

Reactions: Todd67
I get my stove pipe thermometer up to 500-550 only when I load the stove. Then I close the draft caps, then open them 1/4 turn. That's where it stays until I load the stove again. If you run the stove constantly at 400-500, it will heat you out of the house. I hear my two story house in northern NY with a Mama Bear, with a baffle plate installed. It's my only heat source. There are time when I'll open the draft caps 1/2 or 3/4 turn (not inches) just to take the early morning chill out of the house, especially when it's minus 15 outside.