Fishing pics - Bluefin Tuna

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
Headed for a spot 75 miles offshore yesterday. Just short of the spot we were greeted by a whale and her 2 kiids, we see whales often but she was easily 70' and impressive! I tried to grab the cam for a pic but they were just heading for a dive (pic 2). There was also around 20 dolphin that came up to the boat that started putting on a show for us and once we were underway again some of them came along and rode off the bow waves.
I had an 80 minute fight with a BFT that fought me every damn second. It was like holding a concrete block n each hand and holding them in a bicep curl position. Today icy hot is my friend lol!!
Here is a few pics from the day as well as a video shot by a friend on his boat. He managed to capture a few minutes of my fight while I was up on the bow.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57DyDjM39xM&feature=player_embedded

Attachments

• bft11.jpg
    bft11.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 369
  • bft22.jpg
    bft22.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 388
  • bft33.jpg
    bft33.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 396
  • bft44.jpg
    bft44.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 415
Thanks! My buddy that shot the video runs a 25' Parker Pilot House and we were on the other boat a 25' Parker Walk around. We were near the rose compass. We should have done the chicken canyon but still had our limit.

that's some good sushi right there!!

That looks like you were fighting a trash can full of cement. Never caught a blue fin, but it sure looks fun (not to mention the awesome eating after). Great job.

Thanks guys! Getting ready to smoke some belly

Attachments

• tuna.jpg
    tuna.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 278
Status
Not open for further replies.