Fiskar X-25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2010
Northern Maine
It was a nice weekend here so I had a chance to get out and play in the woods .The wife went to do the bi weekly shopping and said I will pick up that X 25 , knowing that both my bad temper super splitter and 8 lb spliitter need to epoxy rebulid heads are loose.She wants to splitt some this year and the 8 lb is too much, loved the design of the fiskar but had my doubts
if it would peform like my 8 lbr .To my surprize I was impressed while up to my knees in snow and not a great chopping block it lived up to the hype even in my nasty twisted birch.While
it seems short for me a taller splitting block helped, wife will I bet fight me to split the wood.Now to get the X27 for me into the budget.Yes I prefer to hand split not just for the cost of it
the exersize is good for us 46 year olds .
Sorry meant to post in the gear my bad

The Fiskars mauls sell for around fifty five dollars Canadian up here. How much do they go for in the US? I have an email alert set up with Canadian Tire for when they go on sale.

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
Walmart had x25 for 39.99 but didnt have the X27
Yeah, my Walmart just started carrying the X25 as well. No X27s, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.