Fiskars Sharpening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
(because we don't have enough Fiskars threads going right now :lol: )

I have the Super Splitting axe and the Fiskars sharpener. I managed to nick the very top of the cutting edge. It still splits like crazy. But when it comes time to give this a serious sharpening (beyond what the Fiskars sharpener can do) what's the best way to handle this?

I use a nice stone and sharpening oil, you can really put the factory edge back on it.

MMaul said:
I use a nice stone and sharpening oil, you can really put the factory edge back on it.

good you can do mine..

metal on the fiskars is suprisingly soft, but holds a nice edge, I would say the metal is very close to a few of my professional knives.

I get a few little nicks on mine too. I run a bastard file over it and coat it with oil after each use.

bigtall said:
I get a few little nicks on mine too. I run a bastard file over it and coat it with oil after each use.
Won't the oil stain your sheets?

It would, but it gets an aromatherapy bath each night before bed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.