Fiskars shower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
I can't be the only one to have had a shower from the rain water accumulated in the handle of the fiskars.
Today it was ice particles!

I don't leave my tools outside so this has never happened to me.

None of my Fiskars tools have ever had any water (liquid or solid) inside the handles. I store them inside. Rick

Attachments

• fiskars.jpg
    fiskars.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 475
fossil said:
None of my Fiskars tools have ever had any water (liquid or solid) inside the handles. I store them inside. Rick
OMG, you even keep the cradle that came with it?

gzecc said:
fossil said:

Perfect protection for the heads/edges, and a convenient & safe way to hang/store the tools. I don't know why this would surprise anyone.

fossil said:
gzecc said:
fossil said:

Perfect protection for the heads/edges, and a convenient & safe way to hang/store the tools. I don't know why this would surprise anyone.
+1,

oldspark said:
fossil said:
gzecc said:
fossil said:

+1,
Its like taking the mid mount mower off the tractor after every time you cut the grass. I just leave it at the processing area.

fossil said:

Nice stash! I do like the sheath for hanging it, however, I don't know how long the little clasp thing will last when it gets really cold.

edit: good lord, I just went from a "burning chunk" to "really hot"!!!????

I keep my X25 hanging in the sheath in my semi-heated shop/garage when not in use also.Past 3 weeks its been in unheated garage at parents acreage,left it out there so I could get caught up splitting the 2 cords of dead oak left in a pile.2 weeks ago I forgot to hang it up,left it standing on the floor next to bench.Picked it up,turned it over,a couple partial hickory nuts fell out of the handle.Good to see the mice & chipmunks in the garage are getting ready for winter too. ;-)

Yeah same. If I put all my stuff away I'd never be able to find it. HAHAA

gzecc said:
oldspark said:
fossil said:
gzecc said:
fossil said:

+1,
Its like taking the mid mount mower off the tractor after every time you cut the grass. I just leave it at the processing area.

Keep mine in the garage in the sheath, it is only about 10 steps from where I split. i will take the Fiskars out on the trail with me, but it returns every day to the garage or barn.

"A place for everything, and everything in its place..."

- My dad

fossil said:

Ditto!! But I'm one of the unfortunate ones. I only own one. Now how do I make a smiley that cries??

WoodNStuff said:
DanCorcoran said:

- My dad

I like the idea. Sometimes hard to follow. But always an admirable goal to reach for.

Yeah, when I was a kid, his first quote was usually followed by, "Put it back where you found it!", and "Don't be so damn lazy!"

gzecc said:
fossil said:

The steel is too soft to risk damage to the edge by not using the sheath in my opinion.

I do like the sheath for hanging it, however, I don’t know how long the little clasp thing will last when it gets really cold.

Take it off when you go outside to your work area and leave it in the house, garage or wherever.

"That's the upper radiator hose . . . you were supposed to remove the lower radiator hose you hammerhead."

"What possessed you to run over that gravel . . . didn't you realize it might throw a rock right into that plate glass window you hammerhead?"

"You hammerhead . . . you didn't drain the oil . . . now look at me."

Dad

gzecc said:
oldspark said:
fossil said:
gzecc said:
fossil said:

+1,

Wait.. you don't do that?

I never LEAVE my tools outside either. I do FORGET stuff outside from time to time. I will forget almost anything if I get distracted by someone talking to me, my dog barking, my own thoughts, something shiny on the ground.....
I can confirm that the handle is a nifty rain collector, though I haven't taken a shower yet. I can also confirm that the magic splitting power is not water soluble. The axe still works after you dump the water out and a bit of surface rust is quickly worn off the head by splitting.
Leave that handle full of water through a hard freeze and your axe may not come out of it too well though.

firefighterjake said:
"That's the upper radiator hose . . . you were supposed to remove the lower radiator hose you hammerhead."

"What possessed you to run over that gravel . . . didn't you realize it might throw a rock right into that plate glass window you hammerhead?"

"You hammerhead . . . you didn't drain the oil . . . now look at me."

Dad

Oh boy best dad quote's.

Dad " Patrick do somethign even if it's wrong..."

DanCorcoran said:
WoodNStuff said:
DanCorcoran said:

- My dad

I like the idea. Sometimes hard to follow. But always an admirable goal to reach for.

Yeah, when I was a kid, his first quote was usually followed by, "Put it back where you found it!", and "Don't be so damn lazy!"

Were we raised by the same father?? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.