Fiskars x27

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonhunter

Burning Hunk
Apr 16, 2012
newbrunswick canada
So today I go to canadian tire to pick up some car oil to change mine and the wifes oil. I happen to see that the fiskars x27 was on sale so I decided I should pick one up and giver a shot. I go home and try it out on a couple small rounds and the thing works perfect. I really like how light it is seems so much easier then swinging the old yardworks maul.

Reactions: quads
I tried one out yesterday for the first time as well. Had thought about buying one many times but just didnt want to spend the money. Had a friend give me his yesterday to try and I was very impressed. I could swing that thing all day, and it does a good job of splitting. I will be making the investment in one very soon. I have about 1 1/2 cord of silver maple logs sitting that I need to cut and split and that fiskars would make it very much easiser.

I got my x27 about a year ago--split about 6 cords with it so far. It makes splitting more fun for sure. Anything that the x27 couldn't split gave the old maul problems too. I'll likely never be without one...unless of course Fiskars comes out with something that splits and stacks the wood automatically :)

Status
Not open for further replies.