FIX THE CREOSOTE SMELL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooksie1964

Nov 4, 2008
NY
Hey Guys,
Since my first posting of what to do about the smell from the EKO Boilers I have been e mailing Poland for assistance. They are in denial of any problem with smell. I believe it was Timberr who also tried to contact them. I think it is time that we all took a minute to email Poland as individuals and a collective group and let them know there is a problem with installing these boilers in a basement location. I have enclosed the various e mail addresses for your convenience:

Company Owner - Jacek Orlanski <[email protected]>
Company Owner - Wieslaw Orlanski <[email protected]>
Product Export Manager - Grzegorz Czapor <[email protected]>
Technical Director - Wieslaw Cisowsli <[email protected]>
Technical Advisor - Kamil Wygoda <[email protected]>
Technical Advisor - Arkadiusz Zyrek <[email protected]>

The EKO Boiler is a great product but it does have a small fault all we want is to have it fixed
Thanks for letting me vent
Happy and Healthy New Year to ALL
Brooksie

I did as well and yes they are in a Polok denial. Ended up routing my complaint to Zenon. How big of a deal is it to contact a reputable gasket company and have them manufacture a silicone based gasket? I already found a half dozen online.

It seems as if your dealing with a casing leak. I would be tempted to test the unit under air pressure after sealing the flue outlet and using a smoke bomb. I've done this with large boilers to find casing leaks. Some creativity would be needed to do this.

Mike

I just spent another hour this morning caulking up everything I could find on the upper door. Hopefully I'm getting closer to odor free. I'm still pleased with the operation of the EKO and the $5 bathroom vent fan I purchased last weekend still keeps the odor from being an issue in my house. I'm just sick of having the vent fan sitting on top of my EKO. I want her to run unassisted....

Status
Not open for further replies.