Flames too high?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Enviro M55. With the feed rate usually at 1, sometimes at 2 and the Heat level at 2 and sometimes 3, and the T-stat callin for heat, I always have a large broad flame that goes up to and sometimes into the tubes. Is this normal for this stove? No warping, I guess I am just concerned that the flames can get so high. Thanks, Bill

I wonder this as well. Most of my stoves fires are high and touch the top. House is warm and it cleans with no damage, so I don't worry.

I have the M55 FS steel. Depending on the pellet I am burning at heat setting 2 the flame occasionally gets that tall, on heat level 3
its always this tall, 4 & 5 is a ball of fire. However I believe on my stove the heat shield covers more of the tubes across the top
than the cast model. I have run mine pretty consistent at level 3, I do kick it up to 4 during the hard cold and sometimes 5 to burn
off the crud across the top of the glass. No warping or damage.

Wachusett said:
I have the M55 FS steel. Depending on the pellet I am burning at heat setting 2 the flame occasionally gets that tall, on heat level 3
its always this tall, 4 & 5 is a ball of fire. However I believe on my stove the heat shield covers more of the tubes across the top
than the cast model. I have run mine pretty consistent at level 3, I do kick it up to 4 during the hard cold and sometimes 5 to burn

My flame is about the same as this^^

Eatonpcat said:
Wachusett said:

My flame is about the same as this^^

Me too.

By feed rate I take it you mean feed trim. If your running the feed trim that low? You could lower the adjustable cover over the auger. Specially if you are running very short pellets. This will lower the flame hight just like reducing the feed trim. Just another adjustment you can play with to tweak your burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.