Flashing around chimney BID!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbcooper

Jan 8, 2010
West Texas
I'm in the process of having a Xtrordinair 44 elite installed and am fixing to frame out the chase for the chimney this weekend. Had a reputable roofing company out to give me a bid on installing the flashing and sealing things up around the chimney, the bid came in at $585. Sounds pretty high to me, our house in single story and the roof pitch is 5:12. Materials for this have got to be minimal?! What do ya'll think, am I just being cheap?

Could you post up a picture of the proposed work? I think that may help some the people here advise you. Get a few quotes, if the economy is as bad there as here, there has to be lots of people looking for work. Just bear in mind that cheapest is not always best. Like the old saying you can have any 2 of Cheap, Well Done, or Done Quickly. But not all 3.

Oh I heard that and i'm definately not trying to get by cheap, I don't mind at all paying for good work. Economy here is going pretty strong and has been through pretty much all the rough times the last year or so. Not able to post pics. Our roof is a one year old composition shingle roof, the chimney is going to be roughly 28"x32" in dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.