Flex King Pro Manufacturing Delays?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobgva

Dec 29, 2010
Virginia
Hello,

New Member, and I appreciate the good information provided by the Members here. After weeks of reading I finally ordered the Hampton HI300 insert. Prior to ordering I only checked on the shipping timeline with the stove and was told one week. I thought the stove would take some time but the liner would come relatively quickly, well I was wrong. I was very surprised that the stove it arrived 3 days later. I have yet to receive my liner.

I ordered my liner on 12/14 and as suggested by many on this site, I called it into to Chimney Liner Depot and got a great price for the Flex King Pro, with insulation kit. In fact I decided to upgrade the cap and purchase some insulation to go with a block-off plate. They matched a price seen elsewhere so I am very happy with the price. When purchase I was told it was a busy time and it would would be 8 working days to ship because of ongoing demand. I was ok with the 8 days which would still allow me to install it by the end of the yesr to meet the IRS deadline. We are now on day 10 (Business days) with no estimate on when it will ship. Emails that I sent requesting status to the contact address were nevered answered or acknowledged. I make two calls when emails weren't answered to my salesman, one after 6 business days and the second after 9 business days, who has always been very nice, but was unable to provide any estimate on when it may ship. Yesterday, I was told to call back after anther 3 days. After reading all the positive comments on this particulat site for price and fast shipping I was somewhat surprised that emails were not answered or estimates on when it would ship could not be provided. I did ask that when it does ship does any notification go out to the customer that it has shipped and was told no. Does this mean your first notification is going to be from the shipper to arranged delivery?

I have not seen any other posts mentioning delays and in fact, I have seen some where this liner was received of course not knowing when they ordered it. I am now in a bind and accepting the fact that I won't receive the liner prior to the end of the year and miss the tax credit. My cc was charged the next day after I phoned in the order and reading the policy I must cancel the same day as ordered. So it looks like I have zero option to purchase another brand elsewhere. I thought I would post this experience to see if others were being notified of lengthy delays, if prior customers received any notice when their liner shipped, or did you find out when it was sitting in your driveway? Ultimately, it is my fault for ordering so late and trying to make the deadline. If anything I thought receiving the stove might be the problem. I never expected the liner to be the issue. Thank you for your time. Bobg

Between me and friends of mine we have ordered five liners from Chimneyliner Depot all of them arrived in far less than a week. None of them were ordered this close to the end of the year though. I would imagine everyone is trying to get in under the wire for the tax credit. Still not a good reason to promise you delivery and charge your card before they ship what they promised. I would build a small fire in that insert in the driveway if you are that worried about the deadline and burning it before the date. You have paid for everything before the cutoff so I would still claim it. Just my 2 cents opinion worth price charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.