Flex Versus Rigid Liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishin

Aug 26, 2008
VA
What's the benefit of using a flex liner in a masonry chimney vs stove pipe, which is cheaper? Thanks.

Fishin said:
What's the benefit of using a flex liner in a masonry chimney vs stove pipe, which is cheaper? Thanks.

For me the advantage was that I used some insulated flex, and that I was concerned about getting through the smoke shelf/damper area and attached to the stove. Others on here have done the same by using pipe with a pc of flex attached to the end. In my case I ordered the stuff online so it seemed easier to get it all delivered and to know that it would work together. I am sure if you know what you are doing you can go with rigid pipe and get just as good a result (or better.)

Status
Not open for further replies.