Flexible stove pipe? (not liner)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj5001

Oct 15, 2011
United States
Do they make black flexible stove pipe? I may post a photo of my setup later but in order to eliminate a tight 90 degree coming out of the stove (about 6" above the top outlet), I may go with (2) 45's or like I say do they make a flexible pipe where you can sort create a nice gradual transition?

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of.

A pic with some dimensions (how long your horizontal run is for example) should be helpful.

I take it you are concerned that you have inadequate draft?

pen

Agreed. Pics would help to see how much wiggle room you have. What about coming off of the stove with a 45 and tying that in to the flex liner?

I've never seen nor heard of flexible stove (connector) pipe. There are single-wall adjustable elbows which can be finagled between 0° and 90°, but that's about as flexible a piece of stovepipe as I know of. A pic of your installation location surely would help. Rick

Is this for the Defender and is it still going in the fireplace?

Sidetrack warning.

The OP has a fantastic idea. Think of some of these modern design stoves with a smoke connector doing the boogie woo up to the chimney connection. Awesome. No more plain straight pipe with clunky ells atop stoves. The last vestige of the Ben Franklin original design finally is improved upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.