Flooring Clearances

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zabman

Dec 10, 2008
NW Ohio
i am in the process of laying carpet tiles in my basement. i currently have my old 1983 Blaze King in the corner of my basement. now obviously i do not want to run carpeting up to the stove so i was going to leave some clearances around the stove and possibly lay some tile under and around it for a more finished look. it currently sits on a concrete floor. my question is how far away would you keep the carpeting away from the front of the stove? i plan on being about 3-4 feet out the sides anyway, and was going to do the same out the front but didnt know if i had to be more than that. thanks in advance

3 ft in all directions for an old unlisted stove is a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.