Flu damper on Blaze King classic?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
I noticed in a thread below where a gentleman posted a picture of his new Blaze King Classic,the same stove i'm getting soon as i just traded in a buck 94 on it less than a month old.I noticed a key damper in the pipe i believe is that required ?or needed. Thanks

Actually BK says not to use it.
I have burned wood for 30 years with one..24 with a BK non cat.
Call me silly but I was not ready to go without it.
I might take it out when I clean the pipe this year and not put it back...really no need for it.
I was afraid if I had a decent fire going and high winds were to come ..it might run away...but it won't I found out.
The thermostat is a beautiful thing!
It will cut the intake air back all on it's own if things get going to much.

can't answer for your stove, but in the past, all of mine have had a flue damper in them (pipe). i installed a stove this past fall without one. 8" flue. after about 3 months, i decided to try one again. i have noticed a difference and am glad i installed it. just gives me something else to adjust and play around with. by the way, i also bought a new thermometer the same time (rutland, i think). i couldn't find the old one that i had, and gave up looking for it. now i have a little more control over the flue pipe temps.

A BK turned down low on a long burn will have really low pipe temps as it is.
I'm running single wall to the class a and stove top temp of 350 my pipe 8 inches up is only 200.
BTW..BK also recommends double wall pipe from the stove to class a...but you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.