Flu probe install pics, is it right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Evening everyone, I got my condar flue thermo, and installed it, using 3/16 thru both pipes and then 1/4 drill bit thru the outer pipe per the instructions. Then it said to put the magnet on first then the eyelet. And I firmly put it in....tight fit though. It has screws on it, and I didn't do anything with them as the instructions didn't say anything. Here are some pics.....

2012-01-23182039.gif

2012-01-23182054.gif

2012-01-23182111.gif

2012-01-23182151.gif

That sounds right backwoods that is exactly how I installed mine. It wasn't necessary but I did put a small amount of high heat caulk on the eyelet just in case it fell out.

Pete

Am i mistaken or is your flue pipe installed upside down. I thought the upper pipe fit inside the lower one.

wingsfan said:
Am i mistaken or is your flue pipe installed upside down. I thought the upper pipe fit inside the lower one.
I also had that issue however when I checked mine was made in the same direction. The reason is so creosote and whatever other fluids will drain back down to the stove and not the house. His pipe looks like my slip pipe in the picture anyway.

Pete

It's crooked, straighten that sucker out! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.