Flu Size Eko 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeGr

Jan 7, 2008
NH
Hi All,
I've been lurking for a long time and finally have made the decision to purchase an Eko 40. I'm all ready to hook her up but not sure what size flu is on this thing? Do I need a conversion piece. Unless I can't measure, I come up with 7 5/8 in. Not the standard 7 or 8 inch. Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the Boiler Room, NEO. I bet you're hoping on a cold NH January and February to test out your new rig. I'm sure there's plenty on the way--especially once the primary is over and all the hot air generators depart for points south.

I'm sure one of our many EKO 40 owners will help you out. It looks like an 8-incher to me. The EKO spec sheet says 7.8, but it says 8.2 inches for my 60, and it takes a standard 8" piece of black pipe.

My EKO 25 had a nonstandard thimble. I ended up with a bit of a kludge using a section of insulated stovepipe and some rope caulk. I'd hope that the dealers would start selling them with adapters where needed.

I also had to recut the pipe threads on mine. I understand that's not necessary any more, so perhaps things are getting better.

I know this may be a late topic , but my eko 40 was not 8" either, so I took strips of 26 gauge sheet metal and wraped the chimney outlet with them till I achieved my size , then popped riveted them with stainless rivets( I used triple wall or class "A" venting). Then I mounted the pipe first pre-drilling the holes and used tapcons to secure it to the boiler.
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.