Flue Temp Alarm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RegencyNS

Feb 13, 2008
Atlantic Canada
I have read a few threads on flue temp alarms made with thermocouples etc. but have not read anything with exact brands and equipment websites. I read where one member purchased an IMC ??? thermocouple w/temp alarm unit but I can't find them on the net. I can't believe these aren't readily available. I would love to be able to open my secondary air to start new fires, let the fire come up to temp and then here the alarm go off and know that I can go down and close up the air. This would be much better than continually checking the fire.
Does anybody have a company name or website that makes soemthing like this? Or even what components I would need to set it up.

Shawn, it is possible that you may not get too much for answers on this part of the site (a couple might speak up though). If that is the case, you may want to ask the same question in the boiler sections - those folks like to play with all sorts of techie type instruments. Just a thought.

I was the one who posted about the temp alarm. One was purchased from IMS Co. goes for around $300 with a thermo couple.
I put together a second one using some more reasonably priced component's. Unfortunately the controller has increased in price $30 since I purchase it.

I have found another source of controllers and have one on order. I will be building another unit and evaluating how it works.
You can search for my older posts on the subject.
Send me a PM if you want any more info.

By the way I find that having an alarm/monitor is really helpful for stove operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.