For a moment I thought it was an Omega.....Forester Pellet Stove at Costco.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
I think I could fit that stove in my hopper. :)jk

I saw one last season at TSC and it was going for about $1200. I gave it a good look over, to small for me. I think a member here did buy one.

I saw the stove 2 yrs ago in Tractor Supply for around $1200 . It`s quite attractive but basically made of thin and tinny sheet metal and I was less than impressed with the heat exchanger or what I thought to be a heat exchanger.
But for all I know it could very well be a good heater. Anyone want to be a beta tester?

imacman said:
It's a US Stove.

Amazing how it's 1/2 the price at Costco compared to the US Stove price of $1699 ON SALE.

www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=5824

What blows my mind - the stove at Costco is $899.00 out the door and the dealer cost for the same stove in the best column is + $200.00 more. I guess the stove shop dealers should go to Costco to supply the shop.

pete, I wonder if the unit qualifies for the Costco "extended" warranty (not the 90 days like electronics...) so you can use for a few months and then bring it back as you didn't like it ...... :p

geek said:
pete, I wonder if the unit qualifies for the Costco "extended" warranty (not the 90 days like electronics...) so you can use for a few months and then bring it back as you didn't like it ...... :p

I didn't know Costco had any kind of "extended warranty", since I don't go there to shop....nearest one to me is about 35 miles.

Only "warehouse club" that is fairly close is BJ's, and even that is 15 miles. I guess I'm in the "no man's land" of warehouse clubs.
:)

basically they don't give you any hassle when you return stuff...

poconoman said:
I think it doesn't have electronic ignition.

From the US Stove web site.

http://www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=5824
NEW!!!! Forester pellet stove with Igniter. This unit is equiped with safety features and conveniences. Some features included are auto start igniter, safety pressure switch, an electronic control board, and also a temperature limit control. This unit has a 78% efficiency rating.This is a PELLET ONLY unit!!

Costco's has a LIFETIME return policy....except electronic's, 90 days, TV's were lifetime before 2007, how i know?, i've returned a few things over the years, think about this, if it breaks in 5-10 yers return it for a FULL refund including tax!!!
If i was in need of a freestanding stove i'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.