For Alaska road travelers', Parks Highway has winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Select a camera & then you can "loop" it for a few hours of winter weather viewing.
Parks Hwy, Near Mt McKinley
http://www.dot.state.ak.us/iways/ro...iews.html?areaId=1&perspectiveId=2&siteId=183

This page get you to a page, where you can see weather & roads all over the state.
With-in a few miles of me is MP 35.2 Parks/Gleen highway interchange.
Select "Greatr Anch" then click the top diamond between Palmer & Wasilla.
edit, was playing with the site, you can click "camera" there is 3 cameras at this location, & get several views of the area. Swamp , Mts, no leaves on the trees, (mostly cotton wood trees).
Top Left & Bot R camera views (Glenn So bound view) you can see some Mts. Was bad fog this AM.
http://www.dot.state.ak.us/iways/roadweather/forms/AreaSelectForm.html

Cool & useful road cameras around Alaska. I keep looking for a moose to walk by. :)

Dave, I hate to tell you, but someone made off with the Antler Creek bridge.

Also, on the 3:00am close up of Parks Hwy, I think I saw Sasquatch hitch hiking. What is he thinking. Nobody is out at 3:00am.

People are always picking up shed antlers, I guess a bridge made of antlers made for some good souvenirs.

Sasquatch . I'd give him a ride.
I've seen one twice. (or a good "look a like")
Once in Oregon when deer hunting.
Once when sheep hunting on Black Rapids glacier (Alaska).
Maybe one of the new web cams somewhere will finally get a good picture, so more folks "know" they are out there. :)

Some are pretty cool camera locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.