Forgive Me Sav for I have SINNED!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is what I had cut during the winter so when I get the last load of Cherry out of the woods (this week) the splitting and stacking begins.

This should have been split and stacked before I started cutting again this spring. I have the splitter ready to split the Cherry then the Beech and Sugar Maple.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2974.jpg
    100_2974.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 450
with as much wood as you have zap, time is on your side. with all the rain there has not been much time for anything outdoors around here. I feel like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get things done wihen the weather is nice.

Hey Zap, don't feel bad. I still don't have ours stacked nor do I have the neighbor's wood split. I hope to get his done this week but things have been a bit busy around here. As for our stacking I'm not worried. A lot of it is oak and won't be burned for a few years and as you know, we have plenty.

Now you may have to sit around and watch it rain for a while. Looks like it is done here, at least for a day or two. Now possible frost forecast....and the apple and peach are in full blossom....

HehHeh . . . thought I was going to see a pic of Zap splitting horizontally. ;)

firefighterjake said:

Jake, I'll have that picture for Wednesday night for sure.

GIBIR

I'm nearly done splitting what I have on hand at the house.

I have not been able to get though the flooded ground in so long, I'm having trouble memembering how much needs hauling out! I'm thinking 3-4 cords minimum. I'm not looking forward to the heat, insects, or poison ivy ; ( But it's very low cost, and close ; )

zapny said:
firefighterjake said:

Jake, I'll have that picture for Wednesday night for sure.

GIBIR

Shame on you for thinking that Zap. I'm going to have to visit to sabotage your splitter now.

zzr7ky said:
I'm nearly done splitting what I have on hand at the house.

I have not been able to get though the flooded ground in so long, I'm having trouble memembering how much needs hauling out! I'm thinking 3-4 cords minimum. I'm not looking forward to the heat, insects, or poison ivy ; ( But it's very low cost, and close ; )

zzr7ky, I'm with you on the insects plus the area I have the wood in will need a new trail up higher if it rains for the rest of the week like they forecast. When I first started posting and reading them I was skeptical of getting ahead like Sav, but I'm glad I did listen because what wood is left in the woods at this moment does not matter.

GIBIR

firefighterjake said:

When I read the title of the thread that's exactly what I thought I was going to see also.....Lol

certified106 said:
firefighterjake said:

When I read the title of the thread that's exactly what I thought I was going to see also.....Lol

certified106, the picture will be posted Thursday night.(splitting horizontal)

Status
Not open for further replies.