Found a good source...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perchin

Nov 30, 2010
... For parts. I bought my Breckwell Big E (2004 model) from its original owner 4 years ago for only $350.00. He said it no longer worked after a storm they had. I picked it up and put a new control panel in it for about $365.00 from Breckwell directly. As time has gone by, I have come to realize that this Breckwell is not the best monster made, but for the price, fit my needs very well. I have had to again replace the control panel last year, the exhuast blower, high temp, air switch twice, an auger motor, and now the convection blower.

Long story short here... I was getting tired of Breckwell's replacement cost's and couldn't find any other sources for parts that were not in the same price range untill recently.

I found this company who sells the same convection blower but for only $88.02 delivered overnight to my door!!! where as Breckwell's cost is $216.89.
They sell the Auger motor for this stove for only like $65.00
If you call them with the serial #'s off of a part on anything electrical, they will cross reference and find you one for substantially lower prices.

Check for yourself, and give them a call. The replacement convection blower for a 2004 Big E is part# B24220 and costs $70.07

** I am in no way affilliated with this company...just wanted to share this and hopefully save someone some pellet money ***

http://www.cshincorporated.com/

Good resource... thanks.

Good to KNow. I hope that The Mfr has made some changes to their product since yours was built. I surely don't want to change THAT many parts.... Jay? have any dealings with this parts company, or about Mfr up-graded parts?

samm6 said:
Good to KNow. I hope that The Mfr has made some changes to their product since yours was built. I surely don't want to change THAT many parts.... Jay? have any dealings with this parts company, or about Mfr up-graded parts?

Yep! Sure have. I have used them for a few years. Just need to know the replacement blower number. Lots of goodys there.

Welcome to the forums perchin! That is great info!

Status
Not open for further replies.