Found a great deal for second stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I've been thinking that if I had a second stove in the house, I would probably never have to run the heat. But the cost of a new stove and chimney is just out of our budget right now. That was until I came across this deal on Craig's List. It even includes chimney pipe!
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/for/3340137403.html
If I can talk then down form a "good" price to a great price, I'm in!

So do you just fill it with oil up to the door lip? :p

Oil, wood, garbage, tires, the neighbors. Just about anything carbon based should burn in it.

I think I could just run the pipe right out the window. With all the heat that thing will make, I can afford to keep a window open.

Steve, you need to stay off the sauce for a while. ;lol

I'm in Katonah, I am on my way to mahopac right now to beat ya out of it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I'm in Katonah, I am on my way to mahopac right now to beat ya out of it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Good luck with it neighbor. I'll be looking to the West for the smoke plume.

All kidding aside.... I bet it would work great in a workshop.

A guy I know uses an old pool filter with an oil burner nozzle to start the fire like a flamethrower. works like a charm

I'll bet you could burn a quarter cord in 24 hours with that thing!

Reactions: dylskee
I tend to burn EAST-WEST more often. I'll pass on this deal .

imagine the mural he could paint on the side of that

All kidding aside.... I bet it would work great in a workshop.

A guy I know uses an old pool filter with an oil burner nozzle to start the fire like a flamethrower. works like a charm

Is his name Mcgyver? Only kidding, but I cant figure an old pool filter. Do you mean the pump part?

I'm disappointed in you guys. No one mentioned the most valuable part. None of that nauseating new paint odor. But wait there is more! None of that heavy intrusive firebrick and baffing. Back in the old'n days we would sell a pack of Lucky Strikes for such a prize.

Sorry I'm trying to live out my fortune tonight.

Attachments

• fortune.jpg
    fortune.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 119
A guy that does car work and mounts and fixes tires near my farm has one of those barrel stoves out of a 55gal barrel. Its got a 5 gallon bucket up high in the air in his shop and has it tapped with a fitting its filled with waste oil and runs down a 1/4 copper line into the top of the barrel, he drips it onto the wood inthere to help start a fire and for extra heat in the winter. I think he really only ran that setup for a few seasons??

Status
Not open for further replies.