Found this in my Blazeking blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanningjw

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2008
Plymouth, Minnesota
I took the cover off to cleaning up the fan motor on my princess insert. Both blower fans had dust in them but I was surprised when this dust ball came out of the lower fan motor. It sure blows better now. I use a vacuum with a hose to get all the stuff out.

If you have a blower on your stove or insert it may be a good idea to check it and clean.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 406
Looks like what I clear out of my computer vents twice a year.

A golden doodle that does not shed. It was dust. we got all wood floors.

Get a couple regular goldens..

I laugh at your "dust ball" and raise you a pound of fur a day in the vacuume. :)

I'll raise you a Dachshund, one Newfie, and 3 labs worth of fur/hair. Then, add in all the dirt and sand they bring in the house.
The air purifier we got last year is cleaning the air now, instead of my lungs doing it.:cool:

I clean mine every year too, when I had the two labs I used to get a ball about that size, now with my little terrier mix I just had a little dust.

If you think that's bad, check the compressor fins on the bottom of your fridge. Yikes!

If you think that's bad, check the compressor fins on the bottom of your fridge. Yikes!
I do this several times a year, your fridge will die an early death if you dont!

As to that we have 5 indoor cats and now 2 more kittens and about a 35lb dog as well!! we get pleaty of furr!

My insert has two blowers to contend with. Seeing that massive hair ball is a good reason to remember to clean them out. My yellow lab and other mutt are sure to create similar clumps. Thnx.

think of your blower as an "air purifier".
Wow look at all that stuff it cleaned out of the air!

I cut a piece of screen and stuck it to the air intake with magnets around the edges...I'm hoping that will help.

Reactions: Lanningjw
Status
Not open for further replies.