freash air kits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave P

Aug 22, 2007
We live in a super insulated, air tight house and I assume my new Scan Andersen will require a fresh air supply kit. I already have fresh air duct left from the ZC fireplace. I'm wondering if anyone has installed one of these kits and what I can expect as far as installation goes?
Thanks all
Dave

Its a flex hose, you duct it to outside someplace. What else is there to say about it?

Coaster said:

Thanks for the thread references. Just finished reading most of the first thread. Good back and forth discussions, brings out lots of points.

One point I did not see in the first thread was this: At least for the ZC woodburning high efficiency fireplaces I have researched, the manufacturers install manuals require outside air kits.
So a consumer is at risk of voiding whatever warranty coverage those manufacturers provide if the consumer chooses to not install OAK.

I concluded, if OAK is most instances make little difference in operating performance one way or the other, then there is no harm by installing them. And that way I am in accord with manufacturer required install, and my warranty is not voided.

Thanks again for the threads.

BTB

Status
Not open for further replies.