Free Black Locust Log

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Srbenda

Burning Hunk
Dec 27, 2009
PA Horse Country
Approx 18" diameter, about 20' long.
Sitting roadside.

I have plenty of wood, and perhaps someone here can use it.
It just came down in August, so it's definitely wood for next year.

Located in SE PA, Chester County.

PM me for more info.

(Wrong place for posting this mods?)

Srbenda said:
Approx 18" diameter, about 20' long.
Sitting roadside.

I have plenty of wood, and perhaps someone here can use it.
It just came down in August, so it's definitely wood for next year.

Located in SE PA, Chester County.

PM me for more info.

(Wrong place for posting this mods?)

Looks like the log is spoken for....

That is a really nice thing to do. Doesnt happen enough in this world. Kudos to you sir.

Reactions: Redlegs
I've been lurking here almost a year, and have learned more than I ever thought I would about burning wood. This is my first post and I figured since an active member was kind enough to give me free black locust, that it was time to post. I was the lucky recipient and went out this morning to buck up the log. It was good size log, probably close to 20 ft long and 18-20 inches in most places. I got as much as I could in my truck but still left about a 6 ft section. I went out after lunch and split everything and to prove this actually happened, here is a picture of the fresh split wood. There was some punky stuff in there, but still a lot of good wood. Thanks again Srbenda and enjoy the bottle of wine!

Attachments

• 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 388
Clyde S. Dale said:
I've been lurking here almost a year, and have learned more than I ever thought I would about burning wood. This is my first post and I figured since an active member was kind enough to give me free black locust, that it was time to post. I was the lucky recipient and went out this morning to buck up the log. It was good size log, probably close to 20 ft long and 18-20 inches in most places. I got as much as I could in my truck but still left about a 6 ft section. I went out after lunch and split everything and to prove this actually happened, here is a picture of the fresh split wood. There was some punky stuff in there, but still a lot of good wood. Thanks again Srbenda and enjoy the bottle of wine!

Well then welcome, and WTF don't be such a stranger.

Shawn

Clyde S. Dale said:
Thanks again Srbenda and enjoy the bottle of wine!

Nicely done, good score and welcome.

Many thanks to Srbenda for his help and congratulations and a big welcome to Clyde S. Dale.

Clyde S. Dale said:

Now go get the other 6 ft. Don't be wastin' the BL!

OK-

More wood for my fellow Hearthers.

I took down two BIG locust trees, some is in 6' to 8' sections, and some in rounds.
I'll post a picture tomorrow or the day after, but I easily have 5 or 6 pickup truck loads.

I'd love to barter this wood for a bottle of wine, or your favorite Belgian biers.

:)

Still located in Southern Chester County.

PM me for details.
The wood will not be available to be picked up until next week sometime though....

Reactions: ScotO
Little surprised Scotty isn't on his way down

Now go get the other 6 ft. Don't be wastin' the BL!

That is what I was thinking. There is no tme for posting and taking pics when there is 6 ft of black locust out there. Come on now. lol

Reactions: blujacket
Hello Srbenda. Thanks again for the wood the first time. I just finished burning it a few weeks ago and it burned as well as I would expect seasoned locust to burn. I am stocked full right now, and hopefully another member will benefit this time. However, if you still have no takers next week I will be glad to take some off your hands :). I'm sure I can find some space for at least a trailer load. I will be out of town until the 20th, probably wouldn't be able to come get it until 2/23 anyway. PM me should you like to barter again.

Reactions: ScotO and loon
You guys are just having too much fun;lol . Guess I neet to move to PA to get in on the action. Welcome Clyde! Ain't this a great way to meet people and get educated!

I'd love to barter this wood for a bottle of wine, or your favorite Belgian biers.

Good thing I don't live closer or I would be tempted to trade you the one bottle I have of Westvleteren XII sitting in the gun safe.

Little surprised Scotty isn't on his way down
Maybe that's why he isn't posting right now. Drivin south. FAST

Dag GUMMIT.....he beat me to the score!!:p;)

Seriously, with the giveaway that happened quite a while ago AND the one that just happened here, it's one of the things that makes the membership here so great. First class members, sharing with others......
Kudos to all of you (and you know who you are).....

Wish I was close enough to take you up on that BL - I've never burned any and hear it is great wood... then again I suppose if I DID live closer I probably would have burned some by now :)

Anyway, great to offer it up here although I honestly can't imagine having too much wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.