Free fire wood! You read that right FREE WOOD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seige101

Minister of Fire
Mar 25, 2008
Western MA
The town of Monson MA has tons and tons of wood for the taking. Many familys are giving it away as they are overwhelmed from the tornado damage. Some of it is bucked up to random lengths, some of it has only been limed others is all mixed up in huge piles.

Also many people still need help with general chainsaw and brush cleanup work.

For more info here is the facebook group, if you don't do the whole facebook thing i will try and get you in touch with a specific family or area.

I've been looking for a way to volunteer assistance, with no luck. Not looking for a way to haul lumber from central MA down to SW CT.

Have saws will travel; can spend multiple days if there's a place to pitch tent and scrub down. Probably best after the big heat wave- can work more hours/day.

Would only ask if expenses could be covered, not expecting that. So, how to hook up?

I recall several years ago when a tornado went through a town. They hauled everything to the town park which is really big. They allowed anyone to come get the wood. Sad to say, not much was taken.

CTYank said:
I've been looking for a way to volunteer assistance, with no luck. Not looking for a way to haul lumber from central MA down to SW CT.

Have saws will travel; can spend multiple days if there's a place to pitch tent and scrub down. Probably best after the big heat wave- can work more hours/day.

Would only ask if expenses could be covered, not expecting that. So, how to hook up?

Best way to help out is swing by the first church in monson (top of the hill on main st) They have several tents outside tell them what you can do and they will send you out.

Thanks for posting seige, Ill take a ride out sat and maybe fri if I have off and see what I can do. Ill take my chainsaws.

I'd take my chainsaw & help out if it weren't so far away... opposite end of the continent is a bit far for me ;)

I was driving from Boston to NJ yesterday and in Massachussetts right next to the highway was a stretch where a tornado had touched down. Holy cr@p, it was unbelievable to see what this thing had done. Cell phone tower bent like a pretzel, trees snapped in half, uprooted etc. And this was a "weak" tornado?

richg said:
I was driving from Boston to NJ yesterday and in Massachussetts right next to the highway was a stretch where a tornado had touched down. Holy cr@p, it was unbelievable to see what this thing had done. Cell phone tower bent like a pretzel, trees snapped in half, uprooted etc. And this was a "weak" tornado?

Official report was a high end EF3, some speculating it might have been EF4 for a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.