Free Pine in Oxford/Oakland County Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
If any of you are interested in some standing dead "evil" pine let me know. I think they may be scotch pines, I usually call them jack pines. I'm not going to cut them unless someone is interested in the wood. I'll just clean them up as they fall if no one is interested. I'll use some of it in the shoulder season but don't want the rest going to waste or taking up space before I can use it. I have about a pick up truck worth of rounds sitting in my drive right now.

Ready for pick up.
P3290028.jpg

Type of pines
P3290029.jpg

P3290030.jpg

Let me know!

I is Scotch Pine.

I've heard it is actually an invasive species here in Michigan. Some local townships are taking steps to kill it in local parks.

rdust, you didn't take those pictures at my place did you?

Backwoods Savage said:
rdust, you didn't take those pictures at my place did you?

:lol: That's why I asked you what kind of pines yours were since I had the same ones.

aussiedog3 said:
I is Scotch Pine.

I've heard it is actually an invasive species here in Michigan. Some local townships are taking steps to kill it in local parks.

I've also heard about it, I don't believe that's why these died though. Years ago a septic field was installed in the middle of them and I believe the root system on the tree's along the edge were messed up causing them to die.

Rdust what size and lengths are they?

Hiram Maxim said:

The lengths should all be real close to 16 inches, not sure on the diameter.

rdust said:
Hiram Maxim said:

The lengths should all be real close to 16 inches, not sure on the diameter.

Is that a 4x4 in the picture? :cheese:

Hiram Maxim said:
Is that a 4x4 in the picture? :cheese:

Yes it is......

Status
Not open for further replies.