Free pine in Southington, CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
I grabbed some today, but some of the rounds were just too big for me to get on my own. Plus, I can only fit so my in my Grand Cherokee.

The lady I got it from gave me permission to post her contact info. Since she was nice enough to let me take what I could (instead of an all or nothing deal) I figured I'd help her get rid of it. I'm not sure what her name is; tell her your calling about the wood from craigslist.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/zip/1283075352.html

i would be she said it's no good for wood stoves ;)

Not only that, it is one "huge tree" but it is mostly pine. How that heck does that work? The top quarter is maple or every fifth branch is oak?

I didn't understand the "Power of the Pine" until I joined this forum. I now understand why we should be happy the myth exists....it gets us free wood!

Skier76 said:
I grabbed some today, but some of the rounds were just too big for me to get on my own.

I missed out on some nice big locust rounds a few weeks ago because of this. There is a maul and sledge in the truck now.

I didn’t understand the “Power of the Pine” until I joined this forum. I now understand why we should be happy the myth exists....it gets us free wood!

I'm on the lookout for pine/soft maple/anything else that will season fast for '10/'11, cuz I'm awash in oak. :coolgrin:

pulldownclaw said:
I'm on the lookout for pine/soft maple/anything else that will season fast for '10/'11, cuz I'm awash in oak. :coolgrin:

Have I got a deal 4 u

SolarAndWood said:
Skier76 said:
I grabbed some today, but some of the rounds were just too big for me to get on my own.

I missed out on some nice big locust rounds a few weeks ago because of this. There is a maul and sledge in the truck now.

I'm thinking of keeping my hatch bag in the Jeep along with a pair of gloves. I now have my eyes peeled for tree crews or stacks of wood near the road. This is like a sickness. :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.