Freedom Fuel and Quad AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletRat

Sep 16, 2008
South Eastern MA
Burning Freedom Fuel in my Quad AE this year and have 4 tons. I like the pellets cause there very low in dust, they have decent heat since their softwood. The bags say that there 100% Softwood but I’ve found lots of corn in them. The corn is ok but it causes clinkers when the stove runs on low during the overnight. When it’s set to softwood and runs on high it’s fine and has very few clinkers.

I’ve tried setting the flame height starting with -1 all the way down to -5 seemed like it helped but I’m still getting clinkers on low. Just today I set it back to hardwood to see what this does.

Does anyone use Freedom Fuel in there Quad AE and have settings that burn more efficiently with less clinkers?

Thanks in advance
PR

Although the burn pot designs are night and day different between the quad and harman I have more problems in my XXV with freedom fuel than the 5 other brands I have tried in it to date. A lot more carbon build up, which would lead to clinkers in the quad, a bit less heat and more ash using FF. I won't buy it again..

Ran the stove 24 hours so far on the hardwood setting and the pots looks a lot cleaner. This weekend will be in the single digits so lets see how much heat is produced on this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.