Freedom or Fireside pellets, or neither?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Hunter

Dec 19, 2009
N.B Canada
The HD in Bangor Maine has both Freedom and Fireside at 239 a ton, compared to the ones i get in Canada Eastern Embers at 420 a ton, for the savings i would drive the 90 miles to get them, or what about Maine wood pellets? What are your thoughts on the pellets?

I think I would try at least some of the MWP. Second choice would be the Fireside Ultra's. Freedom Fuel hasn't had any great reviews here. :-(. At $420 a ton I would not purchase much of those. That's highway robery there!

How much are the MWP going for?

the MWP go for about 265 at ton and it is just across the border from me in Calais Maine, I'm there almost every day.I picked some up late spring but never really had a chance to check them out as i only had the stove on for very short burns.

Buck Hunter said:
the MWP go for about 265 at ton and it is just across the border from me in Calais Maine, I'm there almost every day.I picked some up late spring but never really had a chance to check them out as i only had the stove on for very short burns.

I think considering that you can get them easily, and the price is almost 40% cheaper than the EE in Canada, I'd give them a shot. The early talk about the "new" batches are good. Make sure they're this years batch, with the new logo on the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.