Fuel setting on Mt Vernon AE heat boost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
Playing with the stove today i tried the Sunflower setting WOW Serious heat output.. today i was floating around 70 on high in Softwood setting. On Sunflower it jumped to 77, pretty quick too! Upstaris jumped from 66 to 70 also pretty quick ( im real happy about that ) The fire in the pot was robust flame height was steadily high but not so high that it was lazy. Its usually small and low with the GS. Seems like a perfect setting as of right now to me while using the Green Supremes anyway. Dont think i would have to use this setting with higher end pellets as Oakies. I imagine the pellet useage is going to be far more then im use to. So ill have to monitor that see how much more.

I searched it out, thats how i found it. considering those posts are from over a year ago figured the new owners here would be interested. so i was sharing :)

I tried that sunflower thing last week,and it was burning pretty warm.The downside of that was,it was puttin the pellets in the burn pot pretty good.I think I'm gonna leave that fuel type setting alone for now,and stay with the hardwood setting.

oldmountvernon said:
I searched it out, thats how i found it. considering those posts are from over a year ago figured the new owners here would be interested. so i was sharing :)

Damn, you are good for something... :lol:

smoke show said:
oldmountvernon said:

Damn, you are good for something... :lol:

More then you ever could imagine. You sure are good at something... sucking up bandwith :)

Status
Not open for further replies.