furnace control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabguy01

Sep 1, 2008
Ravenna Michigan
Hello, this may be a dumb question but here it is anyway.

I recently purchased a used owb and am in process of installing. I have everything done exept for figuring out how to turn on the furnace blower without turning on the gas . any suggestions?

I have central air so I wired in a second thermostat and hooked up the wires to the terminals that the air conditioner are hooked to. With the second thermostat calling for heat, the furnace thinks that the air conditioner is on and just the fan turns on. I disconnect the power supply to the outside unit for the heating season and it works well. Also, I leave the first thermostat set to heat if the house gets below 60 degrees and then the burners will ignite and save the house from freezing.

thanks Nate

- What he said is the way. That's how mine is set up. (Actually, on mine the wood thermostat turns on the pump, and then a temperature controller attached to the coil turns the furnace fan on when the coil is up to temp....)

I am no hvac guy but one told me to connect to the fan center on your forced air furnace from a 2nd thermostat.

Fan center has R,W,Y,G,C connect "A" on fancenter to "R" on thermostat

Connect "G" on fancenter to W on thermostat

This will just turn on your blower on furnace, I have not tried it yet but I will soon.

thanks for all the help guy's got er done nate

Status
Not open for further replies.