furnace for camp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelingasi

May 1, 2008
palermo ny
we need to replace the furnace at our camp on lake ontario. we primarily use the camp may to october. currently we have a wall mounted forced air unit. it is mounted to an interior wall and exhausts thru the roof with b vent. the thing looks like a shallow gym locker, standing floor to cieling about 24" wide, 7 1/2 feet tall and 8" deep. the heat exchanger and the fan are in the bottom of the unit just above the gas valve. there in a hole cut through the wall behind the unit allowing it to blow heat toward both the living and sleeping quarters. it is the original heater to the camp which was built in 1959. I would like to find something to replace this that is similiar in design but obviously more efficient. we havent ruled out a floor/wall mounted fireblace unit, but would really like to not give up the space on an exterior wall. camp is 750 sq ft and has very little insulation. we only heat early spring nites and late fall, and anytime the wind blows really hard!!! looking for suggestions on where i might find a replacement or for suggestions on alternate style units. Thanx

Check out the Empire Comfort Systems 35,000 BTU DV unit. More than enough to heat the place if you arrive in the dead of winter.

Matt

I'd suggest the Rinai DV heaters as I have 3 of them & they have been very dependable & fairly frugal of Lp but they do need an outside wall to vent through. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.