Future Project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is an old road that needs to be cleared, once cleared it runs to the main road through our property. I think at the bottom of this road are a mixture of trees, hard maple,basswood,cherry and some beech.

The road is to the left between the hills that will take you up top to the first picture.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0578.jpg
    100_0578.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_0406-1.jpg
    100_0406-1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 199
I can just barely see the old wagon tracks...and you just reminded me of a project I forget about, thanks.

savageactor7 said:
I can just barely see the old wagon tracks...and you just reminded me of a project I forget about, thanks.

Savageactor7 it should be about 3 to 4 hours work, will put pictures up when done.

Wood Spliter thanks, getting back in the woods is great and makes you forget about all the crap thats going on in the world.

zap

zapny said:
This is an old road that needs to be cleared, once cleared it runs to the main road through our property. I think at the bottom of this road are a mixture of trees, hard maple,basswood,cherry and some beech.

zap
What stories that land could tell. Beautiful scene in that photo. I get a kind of wistful feeling looking at it. If it were mine, I'd probably be thinking "...how to use this land wisely, respectfully, harmoniously?..."

BTW if you clear it up to the highway, I'd be thinking to keep it as natural looking (undisturbed) as possible. If it shows much use, some passersby might notice and be tempted to explore.

Cluttermagnet said:
zapny said:

zap
What stories that land could tell. Beautiful scene in that photo. I get a kind of wistful feeling looking at it. If it were mine, I'd probably be thinking "...how to use this land wisely, respectfully, harmoniously?..."

BTW if you clear it up to the highway, I'd be thinking to keep it as natural looking (undisturbed) as possible. If it shows much use, some passersby might notice and be tempted to explore.

wsorg thanks, Cluttermagnet the main road I talk about is the road that goes through our property, it's the road they cleared along time ago so they could get too the different areas of the woods. The nearest highway for cars and trucks is about two miles away.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.