Future Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Up in the same area I'm working I have a small hard maple and a bunch of quaking aspen down, we will use it for the shoulder season.

Not one deer fly today, we did have strong winds.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1036.jpg
    100_1036.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 100_1037.jpg
    100_1037.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 394
  • 100_1038.jpg
    100_1038.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 100_1039.jpg
    100_1039.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 395
Zap, do you realize how little time we still have before shoulder season?! Man, the time just flies by. Or as the man said, Time flies like a jet but fruit flies like a banana...

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, do you realize how little time we still have before shoulder season?! Man, the time just flies by. Or as the man said, Time flies like a jet but fruit flies like a banana...

Sorry Sav I should have put down the year 2011-12 shoulder season. Last year I started cutting some basswood for the shoulder season (2010) in Dec before the snow hit the ground. Never brought it out of the woods so this coming week I'm bringing a truck load out and stack.

zap

That's gonna be a good haul zap. Those trees look like they're laid down nicely.

Skier76 said:
That's gonna be a good haul zap. Those trees look like they're laid down nicely.

Skier I did get them bucked, coming out of the woods I stopped at the neighbors and had a nice talk. He wants two face cord (aspen) for next years shoulder season, I offered it for free but he wants to pay. Hardwood up here can go for 45 & up what would you charge for aspen 20.00?

zap

Skier76 said:
Or maybe a case of good beer. :)

I quit about 8 years ago so I guess NA would work.

zap

Skier76 said:
zapny said:
Skier76 said:

zap

Or a pizza sitting there waiting when you drop the wood off.

He's the person that sold us the land for the house plus the land I cut on. He's burned wood all his life, I dropped off some hard hack (ironwood) he liked that, one of my goals for next year (2011-2012) heating season is to cut some hard hack for myself and my neighbor. I do have some bucked and stacked in the woods but I think it's to late for this year.

za[

Skier76 said:

Skier I just notice in the last picture the aspen is on top of another downed tree, some smaller maple around that it would be nice if it was a hard maple.

zap

zapny said:
Skier76 said:

zap

Zap, you need to try some O'Dooles. I was introduced to it during RAAM and was surprised how good it is. Non alcoholic stuff but good.

zapny said:
Skier76 said:

Skier I just notice in the last picture the aspen is on top of another downed tree, some smaller maple around that it would be nice if it was a hard maple.

zap

That would be nice! A two for one special.

Status
Not open for further replies.