FXP Elite 44 is fired up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
Our new FXP Elite 44 was installed Friday. The weather has turned cold here and she is up and running. I am very impressed with how this baby runs. The "POS" pressure system really does work as the heat is well dispersed throughout the house (house is front back split level with fire place on lower level). We did a candle draft test in each of the rooms and the heat was clearly flowing into the rooms. We did it with the window open and closed, results the same.
I have some learning to do on how heavy to load it and air flow. I tried to get an over night burn last night but didnt have hot coals this morning. I didn't load it all the way or reduce the air all the way down - wanted to gradually learn the right balance. Tonight I will push it more.
We are building the hearth/mantel/face with rock (what I call field stone). I suspect it will take a few weeks to complete. Once done. I'll post a picture.
I'm ready for a warm house!

Very nice. Thanks for the update. You're going to be toasty warm this winter.

Sure sounds good so far...lookin' forward to the pic. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.