Game of Logging Baraboo, WI 10/11/09

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
I have been very interested in taking this class and just found they are offering it in Baraboo in October and again in February. They also have a woodland management class on 10/10.

Thought you might like to know.

http://www.aldoleopold.org/woodlandschool

Just thought I'd bump this back up.

There is still space for all of you procrastinators!

Wendell, let us know how that class turns out.

Truly an amazing day. You guys gotta take this class! There were some first timers there so there was a few parts of the day that were a little slow but I can't wait for the next 3 classes. Ken Lallemont was the instructor and he travels all over the country teaching this and does a really good job. He's going to be in Oregon and then up in Alaska next.

I took all the courses in the late 80's as part of my forest tech education. The amount of valuable info they pack into a day is unbelievable. I highly recomend these courses for anyone who handles a chainsaw or is interested in forest/land/soil management practices.The safety info WILL save your life if you do lots of felling.
Also won the regional GOL contest 2 years in a row with TONS of prizes. WOO HOO!!!!

deliveringwildLEE said:
Also won the regional GOL contest 2 years in a row with TONS of prizes. WOO HOO!!!!

Congratulations, Lee, that is a great accomplishment!!

I just need to go out and find some trees to fell so I can practice all I learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.