Garn Gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
We pulled the trigger on this rig yesterday. Expect delivery later in the week. We figured that if a Garn is a serious wood burner, then we need a serious wood "gitter" too........................

Attachments

• skidder.jpg
    skidder.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 326
Got chains too! You can skid a lot of logs with that thing. Hey, I have a friend who even uses his when gathering maple sap.

Cool. Good use of a skidder, I'd say.

I know a guy that owns an early JD cable skidder that actually came through from the factory equipped with a draw bar and a live

pto. So, I guess multi-use isn't a new thing. This one I'm getting is an IH, (not many around) and it has a front mounted hydraulic pump (not a rare thing) that's easily

accessed. Pop out the grill and there it is. I'd think that it could be plumbed up as a power plant to run lots of things.

Yeah, I wondered about that. After checking into it, I found that this machine has a D-360 engine (Detroit), Gearmatic 119 winch and Rockwell axles and planataries. The

seller has a list of parts on a bill from work he had done on it recently, so I don't know, I hope I'm ok. We'll see.

Rick Stanley said:
Yeah, I wondered about that. After checking into it, I found that this machine has a D-360 engine (Detroit), Gearmatic 119 winch and Rockwell axles and planataries. The

seller has a list of parts on a bill from work he had done on it recently, so I don't know, I hope I'm ok. We'll see.

You'll be able to get parts for engine,winch and axles . You may have to source through somewhere besides IH though. It's the IH made parts that might be hard to get. IH didn't make skidders very long and may have discontinued alot of parts. Might be a good idea to start looking for a parts machine or equipment bone yard now so that when you do brake something IH and "need it NOW" you have a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.