Gas company not so bad!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
gas co. called me a few months ago wanted to know if I would take 4 large tree drop at my place cut to any lenght I said sure 20 in. would be great. They called again last night to make sure I still wanted it said there's going to be alot of wood in them 4 trees!I replyed no more than I already have bring it on! Will post pic's as they bring it in.

I'd rather be "lucky" than "good" any day. Talk about falling into a pile and coming out smelling like a rose. :lol:

Edit: the Gas Co. no less.....that one has me scratching my head.

Jags said:
I'd rather be "lucky" than "good" any day. Talk about falling into a pile and coming out smelling like a rose. :lol:

Yep me to, funny how things can work out 2 ash 1 silver 1 willow all better than 40 in trunks. should be 12+cords

smokinj said:
Jags said:

Yep me to, funny how things can work out 2 ash 1 silver 1 willow all better than 40 in trunks. should be 12+cords

wow great score! When are those pics coming?

BucksCoBernie said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:

wow great score! When are those pics coming?

should be tonight if I can figure out the camra

Wet1 said:
It's hard to beat that! How did they know to contact you?

The only thing I can figure is the big piles of wood i have. you can see them from the next county road over

How many cords is that now J? You have to be in the 20+ cord range.

MMaul said:
How many cords is that now J? You have to be in the 20+ cord range.

should be around 12 more with my best guess should take them until monday or tuesday to finish. ( witch will put in the the 30 somthing range)

I feel inadequate with the 9 1/2 cords I have.

Way to go smokinj. Now you are even ahead of me on the wood supply! That has to be sweet getting the gas company to help!

MMaul said:
I feel inadequate with the 9 1/2 cords I have.

I probably go through 3 time as much as you this will put me 3 years ahead. found a beech hickory for sept to bring down the beech is around 80 ft and 45 in at tne base and the hickory is over 100 ft and 35 in. at the base

Those are two very nice trees! So why are you going through so much wood?

So where are those pics?

can anyone resize some pic's?

smokinj said:
can anyone resize some pic's?

Sure, pm on the way with my e-mail address....

Here they are, not bad for wood from the gas company! That's gotta make anyone laugh!

Attachments

• wood 1.jpg
    wood 1.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 240
  • wood 3.jpg
    wood 3.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 248
  • wood 4.jpg
    wood 4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 256
frist and 3 rd pick's are from the gas company around 4 cords 2nd pic 9 cord pile

You have to love free wood that is delivered and ready for the splitter. It looks like there are a lot of BTUs in that field as well.

SolarAndWood said:
You have to love free wood that is delivered and ready for the splitter. It looks like there are a lot of BTUs in that field as well.
yep that corn got to bo 8-9 ft tall

smokinj said:
.... 2nd pic 9 cord pile

The pic with the baby boats in it? Are you sure that adds up to 9 cord??

Jags said:
smokinj said:
.... 2nd pic 9 cord pile

The pic with the baby boats in it? Are you sure that adds up to 9 cord??

"lol darn sure and at .75 cords a trip" them baby boats are 11.5 and the 2 man is 13ft 9in. The concrete it sets on is 20x20

Jags said:
Got ya. Its so darn hard for me to guess area of a heap hausen.

lol it sure doesnt look like much but there's 20ft behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.