Gas stove flame doesn’t light up strong enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lidje1989

Feb 28, 2023
Rifle
Hi,

We bought ourselfs an old, renovated 5th wheel that came with an Magic Chef stove and oven combination. We have been trying to cook on the stove but as you can see in the picture below the flame just isnt strong enough. The gaspits are all in one piece so we cant open it to clean out. All the gaspipes seem fine.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

You say the gas lines are clear. Have tried removing each burner, then removing the burner orifice where the tubes are attached & cleaning BEHIND the orifice? Probably have spider nests in there…

You say the gas lines are clear. Have tried removing each burner, then removing the burner orifice where the tubes are attached & cleaning BEHIND the orifice? Probably have spider nests in there…

Since the burners are sealed and one piece I can’t reach inside to clean inside.
Any advise on how to remove them?

Not exactly, but there are generally screws securing the burners to the stove body that would need to be removed prior to removing the orifices…
If you DO decide to atteothis take pictures as you go so you know how to correctly reassemble.

You didn't say exactly but I assume that all 3 burners and the oven have a low flame? If so I wonder what that device on the right is that the copper line connects to. It looks like it might have pressure adjustment or test points on it.

You should be able to pull out all three burner in one assembly. Maybe then you can see how to disconnect them. I would start with the regulator on the right although from the look of those back burners, a service is well overdue. Looks like you have the exterior clean on the front one. You could also check the regulator at the tanks.