Gasifire boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyecal

Dec 9, 2007
North East Ohio
I just found these boilers while searching the Internet. Are they a true gasifier boiler? I was first looking at owb and this forum has changed my thinking on that. If anybody could give me any information on these boilers it would be greatly appreciated. According to there specs it says there smallest unit will heat 5000 ft sq. I will be about 5200-5500 sq ft. Will the smaller unit heat this area. It will be heating a house and an outbuilding.

the Gasifire boiler is made by adobe boiler and has the refactory lining in it. downdraft heat exchanger boiler tubes. similar to seton , greenwood boilers. another boiler to hit the market is the crossfire furnace by freeheatmachine also a gasifire rebadged.

eyecal said:
I just found these boilers while searching the Internet. Are they a true gasifier boiler? I was first looking at owb and this forum has changed my thinking on that. If anybody could give me any information on these boilers it would be greatly appreciated. According to there specs it says there smallest unit will heat 5000 ft sq. I will be about 5200-5500 sq ft. Will the smaller unit heat this area. It will be heating a house and an outbuilding.

Just wondering if we are missing a "link" in your post. I use a Orlan/Eko 40 ( 40 Kw or about 135,000 Btu) and heat a 140 year old marginally insulated house. We installed infloor heating in the downstairs and I intend to put some radiators upstairs. The footage is about 3500 on the 3 floors and I hope to build a 1200 ft shop/garage in the near future. In spring and fall I also hope to heat the in-ground pool with the extra heat.

I hope this helps or if you had a particular brand in mind, I'm sure someone here will help you out with their experience.

Henk.

Status
Not open for further replies.