Gave the Husky 142 and new chain a work out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

streeter69

Dec 19, 2007
Arizona
Today, I tried to kill my new chain. The new VX chain did awesome! I had my 85 F-250 loaded down heavy (@2ft over cab). I went thru a gallon of gas and the chain kept on cutting (lodge pole pine). When I go home, I decide to hit that nasty tamarack that killed my factory chain in a couple of cuts. This chain ate it up like it was butter and kept on going :coolsmile:

I had no idea what a Tamarack was so had to lookup . .looks like its a Northern tree (Canada, Alaska) but also grows in AZ ?

Tamarack or tamarisk, I have been told either name. It grow in washes, what we call dried up streams that only run when it rains. Lots of silica and dirt in the wood.

In the northern climes, tamarack is the same thing as larch.

Status
Not open for further replies.